TISS Admissions 2021
Admissions to Masters (Master of Arts / Master of Science / B.Ed-M.Ed Integrated) Programmes
Candidates are advised to read the guidelines given below before filling the online application form.
Admission to masters programmes at TISS is comprises of two stages, 1. TISS National Entrance Test (TISS-NET) 2. TISS Online Assessments (OA).
Stage 1: TISS-NET (TISS National Entrance Test)
TISS-NET is a computer based common screening test for all Masters Programmes across all the campuses. It is a 100mins test and consists of 100 objective type multiple choice questions (MCQ). TISS-NET is conducted to shortlist candidates for Stage 2 based on the TISS NET Mark and the ratio on the number of seats announced for individual programmes under each category. Hence it is a shortlisting process no reservation rules are applied at this stage. All rules related to reservations of seats under different categories and priorities will be applied only at the time of final seat allocation through merit list / wait list.
Shortlisting for Stage 2 will be done on the basis of the candidates’ aggregate TISS NET Score. The same ratio will be applied to the number of seats under each Category thereby having candidates from every category getting shortlisted for stage 2 in proportionate numbers.
Stage 2 of the selection process is aimed at assessing the interest and suitability of the candidate for the programme selected.
1. Assessments (OA):
Online Assessment (online) will be conducted for approximately 20 - 30 minutes by a three-member panel. The main objective of OA is to assess the candidates’ suitability and interest in studies in chosen programme. There will be two components in OA as below;
a. Extempore reflection on a given topic
Panel member will give a topic relevant to the programme of study and candidate will be asked to present a reflection on the same for a maximum of 2-3 minutes. Candidates will have the option of asking for a second topic in case not comfortable with the one given at the beginning. There will not be a third choice.
b. Online Personal Interview (OPI):
The panel members will interact with the candidate to understand the candidate’s motivation, interest and preparedness as well as basic subject knowledge of the undergraduate studies. Candidates understanding of social and economic factors will also be explored through OPI. These are only indicative areas of exploration at the OPI.
Aggregated Final Score:
The aggregated Final Score is calculated based on the table given below:
Marks and Weightage for the different components:
Online Assessments (OA)
1. Extempore reflection on a given topic
All are requested to note down the above processes/details and prepare accordingly for Stage 2 (Online Assessments (OA) for completing all the required stages of MA Admission 2021-23. Updates on the schedule of Stage 2 shall be available at https://admissions.tiss.edu/view/6/admissions/ma-admissions/timeline
The above-revised process will supersede all earlier notifications regarding the admission process for MA Admission 2021-23.
For any information, updates/amendments in timeline, guidelines, etc. visit https://admissions.tiss.edu only. TISS shall not be responsible for information sought from any other sources.
Candidates are strictly advised to write only to email@example.com regarding any further queries related to admissions. Any mails written to any other IDs or officials in this connection will not be responded to.
Final Merit List preparation:
1. Open (Unreserved) Merit List (OML) is prepared based on the aggregate mark obtained by the candidates for a specific programme without considering any reservation category. This provides opportunity for candidates across all categories to get selected in the OML depending on their aggregate score.
2. After considering candidates in OML, separate Category wise Merit List (CML) will be prepared for the number of seats reserved for each category as per the Government of India / University Grants Commission regulations on the matter. All reservation rules will be applied at Final merit list/seat allotment stage.
3. In case of a tie between two or more candidates with their aggregate final score, the following order will be used to rank the candidates.
4. Candidates who got selected in the first preference, their names will not be listed in second and third preference in the merit list.
5. Candidates who got selected in the programme of their first preference will not be on wait-lists for any other programme mentioned in their list of preferences.
6. Each candidate will be able to view the score card indicating the mark received in each of the components (TISS-NET, TISS-MAT (if applicable), TISS-PAT and OPI) in addition to the aggregate final score.
7. Choice or preferences of Programmes indicated in the application form by the candidate at the time of filling online application form cannot be changed at any point after submission of the application form. Any request for change or modification in this regard shall not be entertained or responded to.
Rules for preparation of the wait-list:
1. Wait List of each programme will be prepared by following the same rules applied for the Merit List.
2. Candidates who got selected or moved into their programme of higher preference shall not be considered in the waitlist of their programmes of lower preference.
3. If candidates got selected in lower (second or third) preference in the merit list, their name will be shown in the waitlist of higher preference (first or second), if they qualify so with their aggregate score for the programme concerned.
4. Once moved to higher preference upon activation of waitlist, the candidate will vacate the seat in the lower preference and no request for maintenance of their seat in the lower preference will be entertained.
Clarification regarding reservation policy: 1. The application of reservation process this year remains the same as in previous years and is in accordance with all statutory norms. No change has been made in this.
2. The number of candidates shortlisted for Stage 2 under each category will be arrived at in a ratio approved by the competent body of TISS based on the number of seats under each category as per reservation rules and the score candidates in that category receive for TISS NET.
3. As has been the process followed in previous years, the cut off for different reserved categories will be different and no standard cut off will be applied for all categories.
4. The TISS admissions process is approved by the competent body of the Institute following all statutory provisions and government guidelines on the matter.
Candidates are advised to refer to the institute’s admissions website only for information. Institute takes no responsibility for any other sources of information.
TISS do not take responsibility for any information provided by any source other than (i) http://admissions.tiss.edu (ii) https://appln.tiss.edu and (iii) Admissions Helpline.
The site works best on Firefox 30+ Google Chrome 45+ iOS Safari 8+ Internet Explorer 10+ Android 4.2+ Browser / Chrome Browser