1) Canvassing in any matter for securing admission shall render a candidate disqualified
2) Eligibility rules as specified for each course shall be strictly followed and shall not be relaxed under any circumstances. Candidate should satisfy himself / herself that he / she fulfil the eligibility requirements prescribed for the admission to the concerned course of the study.
3) Candidates awaiting result of qualifying examination may also apply for admission with the clear understanding that their selection will be entitled to admission only if they fulfil all eligibility requirements of concerned course of study at the time of admission.
4) Changes, if any, made in the admission rules and / or in the eligibility criteria from time to time shall be applicable to candidates seeking admission in the TISS even after notification.
5) Application form shall not be transferred from one course of study to another under any circumstances.
6 ) A candidate whose qualifying examination is not recognized by this institute shall not be eligible for admission. All such Application Forms / admissions shall be rejected / cancelled.
7 ) Application forms may be rejected if in case of the following
a) Incomplete Application
b) Received without requisite fee
c) Received after the Last date
d) Received with Invalid documents
and no correspondence shall be entertained in this regard. No relaxation in the last date shall be granted.
8) Admit card to appear in the Admission Test will be issued by the TISS only to those candidates whose application form, complete in all respects, has been received in the TISS on or before last date of application.
9) No admit Card will be sent by post. Admit cards will only be downloadable from the TISS Admission Portal.
10) The candidates should contact immediately the Office concerned where he / she submitted his / her Application Form in case of any discrepancy in the Admit card in order to avoid any last minute inconvenience.
11) TISS assumes no responsibility what so ever in the event of failure to report on the due date and time by the candidate for appearing in the Online Remote Proctored Bachelor Admission Test 2021.
12) The medium of all Test Shall be English only. The Test paper syllabus is given on the TISS website.
13) PWD candidates appearing for test must arrange their writers at own level and complete details of the scribe must be provided seven days before the scheduled date of the TISSBAT on email id firstname.lastname@example.org. So that necessary information can be passed to the online proctor. An additional time of 20 minutes of the Test duration will be given to such candidates.
14) The TISS reserves the right to make changes in the notified Admission Test Schedule.
15) In case, any candidate who does not meet the eligibility criteria prescribed for the concerned course of the study appears in the Admission Test, he / she shall be doing so at his / her own risk and cost, and if at any stages, it is found that the candidate do not fulfil the eligibility requirements, the admission, if granted, shall be cancelled.
16) The provisional selection/ merit list of Candidates will be notified in the TISS Website/ Admission Portal. The Time line related to BA Admission may be accessed on TISS Website.
17) No correspondence shall be made to candidate not selected for admission. Similarly, the Application fee shall not be refunded.
18) All admission shall be provisional.
19) Selected Candidates shall not be allowed to complete admission formalities in absentia.
20) Candidates not completing admission on the stipulated date and time as mentioned in Admission Timeline shall forfeit his / her claim for admission. The offer of admission shall stand cancelled and no correspondence in this regard shall be entertained.
21) No candidate shall be admitted unless he / she has completed all the eligibility requirements at the time of admission.
22) Candidate is required to produce the original Mark sheets / Certificates, including the statement of the marks qualifying examinations with the requisite percentage of marks at the time of reporting for admission verification, failing which he / she shall not be allowed to complete the admission, and the offer of admission shall stand cancelled and no further correspondence in the matter shall be entertained. The Schedule of the online verification will be intimated separately.
23) Mark sheet / Grade sheets / certificates downloaded from the Internet shall not be accepted at the time of admission.
24) No candidate shall be eligible to peruse a full time course of study if he / she is already admitted to any full – time course of study anywhere.
25) Candidates perusing any full time course of study is required to get his/ her name removed from the rolls of the University / College / Institution where already admitted, and submit a certificate to this effect from the concerned authority at the time of reporting for admission to the course (including evening Courses and Professional Courses under Centre for Professional courses) for which he / she may have been provisionally selected.
26) Candidates enjoying employed status and selected for admission to any full – time course of study in this Institute are required to produce leave sanction / relieving order at the of admission from their employer for the duration of the course permitting them to peruse their studies at TISS, failing which the offer of admission shall be stand withdrawn.
27) The candidate selected for admission shall have to submit the Original Migration Certificate from the Head of the Board/Institution / University last attended at the time of admission. Candidate, who is not in the position to submit the Migration certificate at the time of admission, shall give an undertaking on prescribed Proforma to submit the same within stipulated time failing which the TISS reserves the right to cancel his / her admission.
28) The university reserves the right to get any student medically examined and if found medically unfit, the admission of such students will be cancelled.
29) If any error / omission in the processing / verification of certificates / documents of a candidate is detected after the candidate is admitted to a course in the TISS, the TISS has the right to cancel such admission at any stage at which error / omission is deducted.
30) If it is found, at the stage, that a candidates,
a) doesn't not fulfil the eligibility requirements
b) has used fraudulent means to secure admission
c) has made false or incorrect statements in the application form.
d) has not singed / marked thumb impression on the application form or somebody else has done so on his / her behalf.
31) In case, of cancellation of admission by a candidate, after the closing date of admissions, the Application fee paid by him/ her will not be refunded.
32) Online Response Sheet /Answer sheets and other relevant material pertaining to the Admission Test of all candidates and Application Forms of all the non – admitted candidates will be weeded out after 03 months of the Closing Date of Admissions. Therefore, in case of any dispute regarding admission, the matter must be filed within 03 months of the closing date of admission after which the relevant records may not be made available.
33) Refund of Fees:
a) No refund will be made in case of duplication of application forms.
b) No refund will be made if once submitted the application form and later deleting or not appearing for any courses.
c) If a student chooses to withdraw from the program of study in which he/she is enrolled, the institution concerned shall follow the UGC/Govt. of India Guidelines issued time to time in this regard.
34) Receipt for deposits should be carefully preserved and returned at the time of leaving the Institute for refund.
35) Permanent employees of the Institute, their spouses and any two children, are exempted from payment of tuition fees to undergo any teaching programme in the Institute. This exemption will not be applicable to self-financing courses.
36) No student admitted to any Bachelor's Degree Programme will be permitted deferment of admission to the next academic year. Admission will be cancelled for the student who wishes to take the deferment from the programme. They will be required to re-apply and go through the entire process of admission again.
The site works best on Firefox 30+ Google Chrome 45+ iOS Safari 8+ Internet Explorer 10+ Android 4.2+ Browser / Chrome Browser