Centre: Centre for Study of Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policies
Candidates are requested to check the eligibility criteria before filling the application form. Candidates found ineligible will be rejected at any stage in the admission process and no grievances will be entertained in this regard. Applicants will be shortlisted for the Research Aptitude Test (RAT) on basis of them meeting the following considerations with regard to educational qualifications, work experience and research proposal:
1. Educational Qualifications: The minimum academic qualification for admission to the Ph.D. programmes is a Second Class Master’s or equivalent degree in the relevant subject awarded by a recognised university in India or abroad, with at least an average of 55 per cent of aggregate marks, or a grade point average of 3.5 under the seven-point scale of the University Grants Commission (UGC). In the case of SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/differently-abled candidates, the minimum eligibility is an average of 45 per cent of aggregate marks, or a grade point average of 2.50.
2. Work Experience: A minimum of five years of post-graduation work experience is required for Ph.D. programmes.
3. Candidates who have an M.Phil or equivalent degree awarded by a recognized university in India or abroad are also eligible to apply for the Ph.D Programme. Candidates who have an M.Phil. or equivalent degree need not fulfil the five years’ work experience criteria.
4. Submission of a research proposal is a compulsory requirement for admission to the Ph.D. Programme. A research proposal consisting of approximately 1,000 words should accompany the proposal and indicate the Specification of the broad field of study, Statement of the research problem and scope and objectives of the study, rationale for and the significance of the study, methodology to be followed, references, and the candidate’s research/work experience in that area, if any.
The Centre Objectives:
The Centre is mandated to pursue the following objectives:
· Conceptualize discrimination, exclusion and inclusion based on caste/ethnicity and religion.
· Develop understanding of the nature and dynamics of discrimination and exclusion.
· Contextualize and problematizing discrimination, exclusion and inclusion.
· Develop an understanding of discrimination at an empirical level.
· Formulate policies for protecting the rights of these groups and eradicating the problem of exclusion and discrimination.
Applications are specifically encouraged under the following themes for the 2021 admissions cycle:
• Constitutional and Human rights and caste violence.
• State's Social justice policies and programmes, and their impact.
• Caste movements and social change
Apart from the above, faculty in the Centre have expertise in the following areas: Institutions, governance and development; state-society inter-relationships; political economy of development of deprived communities; Social Exclusion in rural and urban settings; forest and tribal issues; Issues of Denotified and nomadic tribes in India.
Fee Structure for THE Ph.D Programme
(Prices in INR and subject to revision)
The full fees and deposits should be paid within the stipulated time after the announcement of the admission results. In addition, Rs. 50/- towards bank processing charges should be paid in any branch of the State Bank of India. If students fail to pay the fee on time, their candidature can be cancelled. Once the students details have been entered into the Online platform, a scanned copy of the fee receipt must be submitted via the online platform. Non-adherence to the above will be considered as equivalent to non-payment of fees.
Students’ Mediclaim Insurance Premium
For M.Phil per Semester
For Ph.D. per Semester for 2 Years
Medical Examination Fees
Student Union Fee
Payable three months before submission
Degree certificate replacement
Issue of duplicate Identity Card
Hostel Room(Double/Triple) (if allotted)
*subject to revision
The site works best on Firefox 30+ Google Chrome 45+ iOS Safari 8+ Internet Explorer 10+ Android 4.2+ Browser / Chrome Browser