Centre: Centre of Excellence in Teacher Education
The B.Ed.-M.Ed. is a new three-year integrated programme of study to prepare educators for middle and secondary school pedagogy (English language, Science, Mathematics and Social Sciences) and integrates additional coursework leading to specialisation in teacher education, pedagogic and curriculum studies, ICT and New Media, policy and research. (Note: The programme has received recognition from the NCTE WRC)The B.Ed.-M.Ed. integrated is programme designed to prepare educators to work as adaptive experts and transformative intellectuals. The programme is in response to the need for quality teacher education which can develop eduators with a strong motivation and commitment to working in the sector as well as deep professional knowledge that empowers them to understand the curriculum and social context. The programme is designed based on NCF 2005, adopts the recommendations of NCFTE 2009 and adheres to NCTE Norms and Standards 2014. It takes a holistic approach to curriculum design and pedagogy:
The proposed programme aims at the development of professionals for the education sector. Initially four pedagogic streams are proposed - Science, Mathematics, Social science and English language. In future further pedagogic streams will be added, including teaching of Indian languages, art and theatre, and physical education.
On successful completion of the B.Ed M.Ed programme, graduates can be gainfully employed as faculty of education, education professionals engaging in curriculum and material development, research, teacher professional development and policy advocacy.
The duration of this integrated programme is three years. The programme will have six semesters.
Medium of Instruction
The medium of instruction is English. Students are required to write their assignments, reports and examination in English language.
The Integrated B.Ed. M.Ed. programme aims to prepare professionals with pedagogic specialisation in specific disciplinary areas and with knowledge and experience to work as educators. The programme integrates content and pedagogy to base pedagogic understanding and develops professional identity and capability of educators as subject experts, with knowledge of curriculum, pedagogy andassessment and diverse uses of media and technology.
It derives integrated education theory to inform practice: historical, psychological, sociological and philosophical understanding of a subject along with social context of schools and learners. Professionals are prepared to proactively engage with and reinvigorate the institutional contexts and work with diverse and plural contexts and inclusively to achieve education for all.
The programme has a total of 122 credits. This includes the TISS foundation courses, school internship and a research dissertation. Optional courses enable students to choose from a range of possibilities to develop specialisation in areas of curriculum, material development design, school leadership, gender and education, etc.
Distribution of Credit Hours:
1 credit = 15 hours classroom teaching or 30 hours lab/field experience/workshop/self study.Note: Distribution of credit hours may undergo some changes
1. (*) Pedagogical Specialisation: Mathematics, Sciences, Social Sciences, English
2. (**) Advanced Specialisation (Choose any two): Teacher Education, Language Education, Mathematics Education, Science Education, Social Science Education, Education Development and Policy, ICT and New Media in Education
3. (***) Organisations working in and with expertise in areas such as curriculum and pedagogy, teacher development, disabilities, teacher support, publishing, digital resource development ,textbook societies, assessment, inclusive education, TEI strengthening, etc
4. (****) Vacation courses will be conducted during semester breaks
B.Ed-M.Ed (Integrated, Three-Years)
Lab Charges / Studio Fund
Students' Union Fund
ACTUALS AS PER SERVICE PROVIDER
* Details under Centre
* Dormitory type multi seater hostel will be provided to GOI students only as per the norms of the Institute.
* Dining Hall Advance is only an advance and the amount will be adjusted as per actuals.
* Hostel and Dining Charges are subject to revision with changing costs of rents, electricity charges, provisions & fuel.
* Institute reserves the rights to revise the Fees Structure of programme if necessary.
The site works best on Firefox 30+ Google Chrome 45+ iOS Safari 8+ Internet Explorer 10+ Android 4.2+ Browser / Chrome Browser