How to Apply
Candidates are required to apply online through the E-application process only, please read through this page before filling in the application form. CLICK HERE TO VISIT THE ONLINE APPLICATION SYSTEM .
Candidates facing technical problems while filling in the application form may call 022-25525252 (Monday to Saturday - Timing 8:00 am to 8:00 pm).
However, candidates from remote places where no Internet and Telecommunication facilities are available can get a printed copy of the application form from the Institute. Please send request for printed form by Speed Post with application fees to Asisistant Registrar(Academic), Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Deonar Mumbai, 400088. Please note that candidates applying through the E-application form should not send the application form by post.
General Instructions about applying:
- Candidates can apply for a maximum of three programmes across any two of the TISS Campuses and other locations.
- Candidates are requested to read through the eligibility criteria mentioned before filling up the form.
- Unemployed candidates, whose parent’s/guardian’s annual income from all the sources for the Financial Year 2014-15 is less than Rs.2.5 Lakhs for SC/ST and Rs.1 lakh for OBC(NC) are required to pay Rs.250/- as Concessional Application Fee for each programme. However they should upload the necessary certificates.
- Candidates have to upload/ attach relevant certificates strictly in the format mentioned . Please refer to the section 'Certificates/ Documents to be uploaded' below
- The application fees is Rs.1030 (if being payed by Credit card/ Debit card/ Net Banking) or Rs.1000 + bank charges (if being payed through bank by cash). Candidate has to pay this amount for every programme he applies for. For more details refer to the section 'Application fee payment' below.
- A candidate can apply for multiple programmes and pay for those programmes in one online form and should not fill more than one form. If a candidate is found to have filled more than one online form, all his applications will be cancelled.
Certificates/Documents to be uploaded:
Photograph, Signature, TISS copy of challan (if paid by cash).
|SC / ST (Annual income more than Rs.2.5 lakhs)
Photograph, Signature, TISS copy of challan (if paid by cash),Caste / Tribe Certificate.
|OBC(NC) (Annual income more than Rs.1 lakh)||
Photograph, Signature, TISS copy of challan (if paid by cash),
Other Backward Class (Non-Creamy Layer) certificate issued after 01-04-2015 by the District Magistrate / Deputy Commissioner / Tahsildar.
|SC / ST (Annual income less than Rs.2.5 lakhs)||
Photograph, Signature, Caster / Tribe Certificate, Income Certificate for the financial year 2014-15, TISS copy of challan (if paid by cash),
|OBC (NC) (Annual income less than Rs.1 lakh)||
Photograph, Signature, Income Certificate for the financial year 2014-15, Other Backward Class (Non-Creamy Layer) certificate issued after 01-04-2015 by the District Magistrate / Deputy Commissioner / Tahsildar, TISS copy of challan (if paid by cash).
Photograph, Signature, TISS copy of challan (if paid by cash) andPWD certificate.
Photograph, Signature, TISS copy of challan (if paid by cash) and KM certificate.
Photograph, Signature, TISS copy of challan (if paid by cash) andArmed Force certificate.
Note 1: Candidates applying through the online application form will have to upload the certificates mentioned above. Those who are submitting a hard copy of the application form should post along with the application form the above mentioned documents attested by any School Headmaster or a Principal of College or a Gazetted Officer. (Ref Reservation Section on the admission website). Requests received without the above Certificates will be rejected and no communication will be sent in this regard.
Note 2: SC/ST candidates whose annual family income is <=250000 and OBC(NC) candidates whose annual family income is <=100000 have to upload Income certificate for the Financial Year 2014-2015 issued by Revenue Officer
Application fee payment:
|Mode of Payment|
|No. of programmes||Online Payment by Credit Card/Debit Card||Online Payment by NetBanking||Cash Deposit in any SBI Branch using the prescribed challan|
|General||Eligible SC/ST/OBC(NC)||General||Eligible SC/ST/OBC(NC)||General||Eligible SC/ST/OBC(NC)|
|Applying for 1 Programme||Rs. 1030||Rs. 260||Rs. 1030||Rs. 260||Rs. 1000 + Bank Charges||Rs. 250 + Bank Charges|
|Applying for 2 Programmes||Rs. 2060||Rs. 520||Rs. 2060||Rs. 520||Rs. 2000 + Bank Charges||Rs. 500 + Bank Charges|
|Applying for 3 Programmes||Rs. 3090||Rs. 780
||Rs. 3090||Rs. 780
||Rs. 3000 + Bank Charges||Rs. 750 + Bank Charges|
Notes: (i) In case of payment by cash deposit in an SBI branch, please note that the SBI will charge Rs. 50/- as their processing fee for each deposit, which cannot be adjusted against the application fee.
(ii) Payments made via demand draft, pay order or any mode other than the above modes is not acceptable and the application will be rejected. No communication to this effect will be sent to such candidates.
(iii) Candidates applying online will be asked to choose between two modes of payment 'Cash' or 'Pyment Gateway' in the online application form. If the preferred mode of payment is 'Cash', a payment challan has to be downloaded from the 'Download Challan' tab. The payment challan will have 3 copies. Deposit the cash amount mentioned on the challan in any branch of State Bank Of India. The bank will return two copies of the challan (Student Copy and TISS Copy) with the banks seal, signature and journal number on it. Candidates have to scan the 'TISS Copy' of the challan, login back to the online application system and upload it.
If you have any question or queries you can refer to FAQ or call the Admissions Helpline on 022 - 25525252.